Snooze Soundly With Sleep Apnea Treatment in Jacksonville, TX
When you turn in for the night, you don’t want anything to keep you from sleep – unless maybe it’s a pleasant dream. If you suffer from sleep apnea, your rest will be interrupted by frequent pauses in breathing – sometimes as many as hundreds of times a night. It’s often accompanied by chronic snoring, which makes it tough for other family members to get restful sleep, too. Fortunately, our Jacksonville, TX dentists provide sleep apnea treatment with a custom-made mouthguard.
With a mouthguard from All Smiles, you will:
- Sleep soundly through the night
- Have more energy throughout the day
- Enjoy better overall health
- Not suffer from symptoms such as sore throat, headaches, and irritability
If you suspect you may have sleep apnea, call 903-625-9297. Our dentists can help you get a sleep apnea test and fit you for a mouthguard. If you get a sleep apnea diagnosis, your insurance may cover at least part of your treatment cost.
Get the Right Sleep Apnea Device
The two most common sleep apnea devices are a mouthguard and a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) machine. Both work by keeping your airway open – the mouthguard by gently moving your jaw forward and the machine by using a flow of air to increase air pressure in your throat. Compared to a CPAP, a mouthguard is:
- Less restrictive. With a mouthguard, there’s no mask covering your face or tubing to get in your way while you sleep.
- More comfortable. The mouthguard doesn’t cover your face or dry out your throat.
- More convenient. You don’t need an electrical outlet or batteries for a mouthguard. You can use it anywhere!
- Easier to transport. A mouthguard fits easily in a pocket or purse. You won’t get held up in the airport’s TSA line.
See Us If You Have Sleep Apnea Symptoms
The only way to know for sure if you have sleep apnea is to get a sleep apnea test. But the condition is more common if you’re male and/or overweight. Seek help if you have these symptoms:
- Extreme sleepiness during the day
- Feeling tired upon awakening
- Loud snoring
- Frequent dry and/or sore throat
- Chronic headaches