Invisalign for Adults Discreetly Straightens Teeth
Time traveling back to your teenage years might offer experiences you’d love to relive – and others you’d like to forget. You could relive your game-winning play, but you still might not be able to get up the courage to ask out your crush.
Maybe your time-traveling self could even get braces so you’d have a straight smile now. Chances are you wouldn’t be the only one at your old school – or even in your home room – wearing them. Fast forward to the present, though, and you might be the only one at your office in braces. The lack of peers in braces is enough to keep many adults from getting them – even when they want a well-aligned smile.
There are inconspicuous options to traditional braces now. We offer one of them, Invisalign for adults , in our Jacksonville, TX dentist office. If you’d like to find out if you’re a candidate for Invisalign, call All Smiles at 903-374-4406 to schedule a consultation. Your initial consultation is free!
Invisalign for Adults Offers Lots of Advantages
While not just for adults, Invisalign is especially popular among adults who want a straighter smile. That’s because no visible wires or brackets are involved. Instead, you wear a series of aligners made of clear, BPA-free plastic. Introduced in 1999, the technology has become wildly popular since then – and it’s not hard to see why.
Among the advantages of Invisalign for adults:
- No one can see your aligners . Not without looking very closely; they are clear and practically invisible in your mouth.
- You can take our your aligners . This makes it easy to clean them and your teeth; just remove them out for brushing and flossing. You can also remove them for meals, so you won’t need to avoid certain foods out of fear of them getting caught in braces.
- Your aligners are comfortable . Without metal wires and brackets to irritate your mouth, most people find them more comfortable than braces.
How Invisalign Treatment Works
One of our Jacksonville, TX dentists will take X-rays, impressions of your teeth, and other measurements to create a custom treatment plan for you. These specifications are sent to a special lab, where your clear aligners are made. When they arrive, he’ll check the fit of your first aligner and go over your Invisalign treatment plan with you.
You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, then exchange them for the next one. Over time, they gently move your teeth into their proper positions. You’ll see our dentist for periodic checkups, so we can ensure your Invisalign treatment is going as planned.
The average Invisalign treatment time for adults is 12 months. This is a considerably shorter time than most people spend in braces. While Invisalign works well for many orthodontic issues, it may not be the best choice for certain cases, such as teeth that need to be moved vertically or for canines or premolars that need to be rotated. Our dentists will be able to advise you.
5 Tips for Invisalign for Adults Treatment
Here are five tips to help you get the most benefit out of your Invisalign for adults treatment:
- Wear aligners at least 20 hours a day . Ideally, you should remove your aligners only for eating or cleaning your teeth. Removing them occasionally for a special event is OK, but taking them out too frequently can result in a longer treatment time.
- Be careful when inserting aligners . You may want to use a mirror when inserting your aligners, at least until you become proficient at it. Never bite an aligner into place, as this treatment can damage it.
- Follow the recommended treatment schedule . Always wear your aligners for the recommended period. Don’t be tempted to move to the next aligner if one feels loose.
- Keep aligners clean . Remove your Invisalign aligners before eating or drinking anything but water. If possible, brush your teeth before putting them back in. Use a soft toothbrush and toothpaste to clean them. If you can’t brush, rinse your mouth out and rinse aligners before reinserting them.
- Avoid certain oral habits . Don’t smoke or chew gum while wearing aligners.
Want to find out if Invisalign for adults is right for you? Call All Smiles at 903-374-4406 for a free consultation.